We are a Managed Service Provider providing IT services supporting clients nationwide, seeking a Full-Time Project/System Engineer, Los Angeles preferred but can be remote for the right candidate.
The Project/System Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with escalation requests. Assists CTO to work on projects building new IT infrastructure for clients, including new servers, firewalls, and migrations of existing infrastructure. This role is a combination of system, network administration, and project engineer.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows server and workstation OS
- Support services for VMware virtualization, especially vSphere (ESXi) and vCenter.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, switches, and security.
- Support backup and disaster recovery using Veeam and StorageCraft Shadow Protect.
- Monitor the ConnectWise Automate alerts and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Administer ConnectWise Automate system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review with senior system engineer.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure in IT Glue and ConnectWise Manage.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed on outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed to senior system engineer.
- Business awareness: willingness to attain knowledge of clients and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time in the ticketing system as they occur.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by the project manager.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Required experience and abilities:
- 3 years experience with VMware ESXi or similar hypervisor
- 3 years experience with Office365
- Strong knowledge of Windows ecosystem (Vista/7/8/10/ and Server 2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016)
- 3 years experience with Active Directory, including Group Policy, DFS, DHCP, DNS, and other common services.
- Setup and troubleshooting of networks including DHCP, DNS, IP/subnets, VLAN, and routing
- Familiar with Fortigate firewalls
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and investigate independently.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Honest and trustworthy; no drama, gossip or negativity.
Ideal Candidate Experience and Abilities:
- Certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Fortinet NSE, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage PSA
- Experience with ConnectWise Automate RMM
- Experience with Linux/Unix based environments
- Experience with macOS
- Experience with Fortigate firewalls
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in network and system administration
- BA/BS in IT-related field preferred but not required.
- Certifications preferred but not required.
Email us your resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letter with "Sysadmin" in the subject line.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Location – Los Angeles, CA. or Remote from anywhere.