At Simplicit , we understand the challenge of switching your technology team. Here’s a brief outline of our onboarding process so you can get a sense of what to expect.
- To gain the necessary knowledge of the business, understand bottlenecks and pain points
- To complete an orientation of the facilities and staff
- To understand processes in place and how they can be improved using technology
- Perform a snapshot of the current environment A snapshot of the current environment is important for us to understand the current status, set up goals and measure improvements along the way.
- Create a list of suggested improvements to better the environment One of the first things we do when coming onsite is look for places where we can save you money. Our team collects a list of all subscriptions and liabilities related to IT (e.g., phone bills, internet bills, wireless bills, VMware license, Office 365, etc).
- Handoff to service team Training is the first step to the service team handoff. Training should focus on key areas of service delivery for the service desk and help desk personnel, as well as on setting expectations for the client. If expectations are clearly set with all parties, the overall transition and service delivery will be very smooth.
Information we collect and analyze includes:
- Physical layout of the company (sites location, floors)
- Virtual infrastructure (if any)
- Monitoring services/systems
- Internet connection specification
- Remote access to network
- Microsoft domain
- Local printers
- Heavy duty printers/copiers
- IT plans for this year and the next
- Public domain registration
- Vendor information